The filing deadline for independent candidates is 4 PM tomorrow.
So far, only two independents have filed for U.S. Senate: Hank Schroeder of Sea Girt, running on the “Economic Growth” slogan; and Kevin Kimple of Edison, whose slogan was “Make it Simple.” Libertarian Party candidate Murray Sabrin has not yet filed his petitions.
Seven independent candidates have filed for the U.S. House of Representatives:
* District 1: Paul Hamlin of Cherry Hill – “We Deserve Better”
* District 2: Anthony Parisi Sanchez of Vineland – “Cannot Be Bough”
* District 4: Edward Stackhouse, Jr. of Hamilton – “Ed the Barber”
* District 5: James Tosone of Washington – “Libertarian Party”
* District 11: Robert Crook of Essex Fells – “Honest, Integrity, Compassion”
* District 11: Ryan Martinez of Butler – “Libertarian Party”
* District 12: Michael Bollentin of Hightstown – “For the People”
Bollentin filed exactly 100 signatures, which means one faulty signer gets him booted from the ballot. Hamlin filed with 25.