Home>Congress>Sherrill says Ryan has ‘punished New Jersey families’

Kevin Sanders for New Jersey Globe

Sherrill says Ryan has ‘punished New Jersey families’

Speaker of the House in NJ-11 today in support of Webber

By David Wildstein, October 17 2018 4:23 pm

Democrat Mikie Sherrill today bashed GOP rival Jay Webber for bringing House Speaker Paul Ryan to New Jersey’s 11th district.

“It is not surprising that Assemblyman Webber would bring the architect of the tax hike bill to our community,” said Sherrill, a former U.S. Navy helicopter pilot and federal prosecutor. “While Speaker Ryan punished New Jersey families, slashing the state and local tax deduction and threatening the future of Social Security and Medicare, Assemblyman Webber stood in lock step with his Washington agenda.”

Ryan is making a campaign swing through New Jersey today.  He was with Rep. Leonard Lance (R-Clinton) earlier and will headline a fundraiser for Rep. Tom MacArthur (R-Toms River) tonight.

“Their record as career politicians pursuing an ideological agenda may bond Ryan and Webber, but they break with the majority of New Jerseyans who want their full state and local tax deduction back,” Sherrill said.

Sherrill and Webber, a five-term assemblyman and former GOP State Chairman, are facing off for the seat of retiring Rep. Rodney Frelinghuysen. Republicans have held the seat for 34 years, but a recent Monmouth University poll shows the race to be within the margin of error.

Spread the news:
RELATED ARTICLES
Filter by
Post Page
Feature Right Congress
Sort by

Sherrill aiming for Armed Services, Transportation Committees

Pascrell could help her land the assignments
December 10, 2018 2:46 pm

18

Sherrill outspent Webber almost 5-1

Democrat spent $42.51 per vote to flip New Jersey’s 11th district
December 7, 2018 12:14 pm

18

2 thoughts on “Sherrill says Ryan has ‘punished New Jersey families’

  1. What Sherrill doesn’t mention is that 60% of the full SALT deduction would benefit the top 1.5% of New Jersey’s earners (like herself), The remaining 98.5% of the rest of us would divvy up 40% of what’s left. Do you think, for a moments, that the Pelosi socialist-dems want to give SALT back to the rich? Sherrill is blowing smoke!

    1. What you don’t mention is that NJ-11 happens to be one of the most affluent Congressional districts in the country and that many of us here work in New York City, and pay New York State tax in addition to New Jersey state tax and well over $10,000 in property tax. Even Webber has now flip-flopped on the $10,000 SALT deduction cap and has said that it is bad for NJ-11. Keep up man.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *