Home>Articles>Most county chairs not dropping Grossman, campaign says

Seth Grossman at a June 27, 2018 fundraiser in Buena. (Photo: Nikita Biryukov for the New Jersey Globe)

Most county chairs not dropping Grossman, campaign says

By Nikita Biryukov, July 23 2018 12:06 am

While the national arm of the Republican party pulled its support for House candidate Seth Grossman, most of the second district’s county chairs have stayed on board, Grossman’s campaign said in a release on Sunday.

“South Jersey Republicans, including most county organization leaders, continue to give me their full support, even after some Swamp Republicans in Washington, D.C.  publicly announced that they withdrew support they never gave me in the first place,” Grossman said in the release, which was sent to voters to publicize a Grossman fundraiser on Friday.

The national GOP endorsed Grossman after his surprise primary victory in June then disavowed the candidate after it was reported that he had shared posts from a white supremacist website on Facebook.

It was not immediately clear which of the county chairs had rescinded their support of Grossman, and Grossman’s campaign manager did not immediately respond to a text seeking comment sent at 11:45 p.m.

Grossman had previously called diversity un-American and called Kwanza a fake holiday.

He has consistently denied allegations of racism levies by Democrats.

Spread the news:

 RELATED ARTICLES

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *