Home>Articles>Fitzherbert out of 2nd district race
Brian Fitzherbert
Brian Fitzherbert

Fitzherbert out of 2nd district race

By David Wildstein, May 04 2018 11:16 am

It’s not really a surprise Brian Fitzherbert has dropped out of the race for the Republican nomination for Congress in the 2nd district, since he will not be on the ballot in the June primary.   But he made it official this morning.

The 29-year-old first-time candidate won the organization line in Gloucester County, but didn’t file enough signatures on his petitions to withstand a challenge from one of his primary rivals, Hirsh Singh.  Secretary of State Tahesha Way removed him from the ballot last month — a move an administrative law judge upheld.

“After many discussions and deliberations, the conclusion became that there was no viable option to secure my position on the ballot again. With that realization, I have determined that its best that I suspend my campaign,” Fitzherbert said.  “The fact that legally I’m seven signatures short of being on the ballot is on me. Lesson learned.”

Fitzherbert has not endorsed anyone in the race to take Frank LoBiondo’s seat, although he did make it clear that he won’t back Singh.

“I  should have been prepared for nasty opponents that will do anything in their quest for power. To throw everything at the wall to see what stuck is a childish ploy. Even from a candidate in my own party,” said Fitzherbert. “I wish Robert Turkavage, Sam Fiocchi and Seth Grossman all the luck in the final month of the Republican Primary,” he said.

Spread the news:

 RELATED ARTICLES

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *