Gov. Phil Murphy is expected to announce that outdoor dining will return to New Jersey on June 15, the New Jersey Globe has learned.
Two sources familiar with the administration’s plans said that Murphy will make his announcement at his daily press briefing later this afternoon.
Murphy has faced intense lobbying from legislators and the New Jersey Restaurant and Hospitality Association, which launched an online petition that has 2,987 signatures so far.
“The industry is ready and safe to serve our patrons,” the association said.
It is anticipated that Murphy will set safety guidelines for the restaurants, including personal protection device usage and cleaning guidelines.



